Honeymoon Style

banner

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Applause to Lazaro for A Unique Wedding Dress Design.

Lazaro has managed to bring something into the wedding dress market that hasn't been done before!  Sometimes when I sit through fashion shows at the bridal market, too many of the wedding dresses look alike.  I've often wondered why some of the designers don't get an original thought.  I understand that its a numbers game, if the silhouette is selling, keep doing it.   But this dress is totally original..... I've never seen a skirt like this one.   And for that, I applaud Lazaro.  I've been a fan of Lazaro Perez since he was with the now defunct bridal house, Galina Bouquet.   He is also designing for Tara Keely. 

What makes this dress stand out from every thing else is the organza accordion pleated skirt.  It sort of reminds me of coffee filters fanning out.  The amount of work to figure out the skirt design has to be monumental, as they start out small and get larger as they flow into the skirt.  I'm not sure how this dress would look bustled, but I wish I had the opportunity to try and bustle it myself.  (That's the bridal seamstress in me coming out!)


The beaded belt is a work of art in itself.  I'm quite impressed with the cut of the back bodice, its low and sexy, yet cut to hide a bustiere.  When you've sold wedding dresses as long as I have, you look for features like that.  The cut of the back is super important for a great fit.   This dress ranks 10 stars for cut, fit and originality!




Lazaro Bridal Gowns, Wedding Dresses Style LZ3117 by JLM Couture, Inc.


Lazaro Bridal Gowns, Wedding Dresses: Style LZ3117

4 comments:

  1. Kind of reminds me of the Michelin tire man! LOL...but I totally hear you about coming up with something NEW - the problem is "new" doesn't quite work when you are trying to sell to the masses! This gown would be a perfect gown on probably 10% of brides! I want to see more brides get into the colored dresses! I LOVE THEM! Black, silver, pink...love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total agreement, Kerrie! Michelin man...FOFLMAO! This dress is for one in a kabillion bride. Its just an original idea, and there hasn't been an original idea in bridal for a long time. And if there is...is copied and knocked off in a mili-second.

    Totally agree also on the colored dresses...I love colored dresses. There would be lots more colored dresses if Grandma wasn't having a hissy...as you and I both know that from selling wedding dresses. ;) White is a HARD color to wear. I'd wear black, it makes you look skinnier.
    Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know where i can buy this dress?? and the pricing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the information the wedding dress with ruffle model has amazing style, the stone work done in the middle of the dress also very nice, other than this model online wedding planner should provide variety of collection in wedding dresses.

    ReplyDelete