Honeymoon Style

banner

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Interview: Norakaren on Etsy, Wedding Shoe Artist Extraordinaire!

Norakaren is an artist on Etsy, her canvas is painting on wedding shoes.  Nora's work is amazing, how DOES she paint perfectly on a tiny curved pleated canvas?  How does she place every crystal perfectly?  

A pair of Norakaren shoes will take your wedding from ho-hum and average to rock star.  One great accessory sets you apart from your peers.  I'm so excited that Nora has agreed to our interview!
 
Weddingzilla: As an artist, where do you derive your inspiration?

Norakaren:
I studied graphic and Fashion Design in Argentina.Painting and designing is a true passion for me. I owe this to my Father, whose love for life,art and the needed inspired much of what I am today as an artist,person and believer.
In my designs I try to display awesome moments in life, colorful places, creatures and most of all things that inspire me to live and let live a better life.

Weddingzilla: How long does it take to produce a pair of Norakaren shoes?
  
Norakaren: It depends mostly on the design and the variety of pattern and ideas the customer wants to add on them.  I will say that 90 percent of my designs are now custom made.Since the first conversation with the bride,until the shoes are finished and ready to ship there are 2 weeks to 20 days. It is a long but lovely process.

Weddingzilla: What was the most fun or memorable project you've created? 

Norakaren: That is a good question.I will say my first pair. I purchased a pair of vintage satin shoes, very pricey and stunning, a peacock color actually.
But they had a small almost invisible spot on them so,because I'm a neat freak,got a tissue with alcohol to remove the spot when I realized that I was removing the dye as well. I got mad for a minute,mad at myself....then I thought,....maybe I can paint them and see how they work.   Everybody loved them.It was my first peacock pair of shoes.I have to say  that all things turn for good for those who believe.


Weddingzilla: Describe a typical Norakaren bride.  

Norakaren: She is very modern.She is into trends and uniqueness.She wants to be the only one wearing that design,on that special day. 
She is not afraid of color. She is very avant-garde.

Weddingzilla: What can you offer a bride that can't be offered by a big box store or manufacturer?
 
Norakaren: Many things: my customer service,uniqueness, a desire to meet their needs and make them feel,for real: One of a kind.
Customization sometimes means adding their names to the soles of the shoes or the wedding date. 
I believe that my shoes are not only a piece of wearable art for a particular night but a keepsake to be treasured forever.

Weddingzilla: What advice can you offer brides?  
Norakaren: Once they know what they want it is much easier to decide and create together a dreamed pair of shoes.Like in all other decisions in life,it takes time to decide but once you know what you want nobody can make you change your mind. So,it is a 2 part advice: Know what you want and believe in your designer,they know their products and they want you make you look like a million bucks.Trust them. The result as a combination of both: the Bride's decision and the Designer's  input will make the item magical.

Check out her magical designs! 

Buy my #>

No comments:

Post a Comment